This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Treasury Sales Professional with ~14 years’ experience in providing FX, Fixed Income & Derivative pricing, advisory and hedging services to customers.
• Team player with exemplary record of achievement and success in driving revenue growth in a highly competitive Treasury market - increased returns on assigned portfolios on average by 67% from 2009 to 2014
• Go getter with excellent sales management & commercial skills, thorough knowledge and customer focused approach. Delivered average portfolio volume growth of 20% from 2015 – 2020
• Expert at team building, strategizing and execution while ensuring number delivery, heightened productivity and adherence to controls with focus on risks & governance
• Solution centric individual with a can-do attitude.
Institute of Business Administration
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Project Lead – Branch FX Digitization
• Launched S2BX (Straight to Bank Exchange), a FX dealing platform, in 101 branches pan Pakistan allowing branches to conduct FX transaction within branch premises up to USD 25K or equivalent
• Activities included Process flow design, Regulatory approvals, Liaising with tech team, Testing and Launch
• Results: Improved customer service and reduced TAT by ~8-10 mins per deal
Project Lead – Roshan Digital Accounts (RDA) & Naya Pakistan Certificates (NPC)
• RDA – An initiative of State Bank of Pakistan allowing Non-Resident Pakistanis to open Bank Accounts online and invest in Naya Pakistan Certificates, Pakistan Stock Exchange & Real Estate Projects
• Activities included Process flow design, Regulatory interactions, Web site & RDA/NPC form design, System changes, testing and end-to-end implementation, Overseeing marketing proposals and Frontline training
• Results: ~10% flows into RDA are routed via SCB. Won an award for contribution to RDA given by CEO & Head RB.
Project Lead – Naya Pakistan Certificates (NPC) Leverage Product
• A first of its kind product in Pakistan allowing Private Banking and Priority Clients allowing clients to obtain financing from international SC centres to invest in USD denominated NPCs with zero exchange rate risk and enhanced returns
• Activities included Product design, Regulatory approvals, Liasing with teams across UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong & Jersey including Regional Legal & Compliance approvals, Process flow design, System setup and Frontline Trainings
• Results: AUM of USD 170m+ attacted helping SCB move to 4th position from 8th out of 12 in 47 days only ; Recognition via CEO Excellence awards under the ‘Never Settle’ category.
VP/Sr. Dealer, FX & Fixed Income Sales – Treasury (Capital Markets Products & Solutions)
Aug 2015 – Present
• Offer clients FX (Spot, Discounting & Forwards) & Fixed Income products while ensuring adherence to regulatory and group policies
• Promote FX & FI business through campaign management, re-designing incentive structure in line with group parameters, training Front line on Treasury products and strongly following up on pipeline deals to ensure smooth closure and execution
• Prepare strategy, initiatives and performance presentations for in-country and regional stakeholders
• Actively support the Regional Head of CMPS in over all business development in line with stated business strategy.
HABIB BANK LIMITED
AVP/Senior Dealer, FX, Fixed Income & Derivatives Sales - Treasury
Apr 2014 – Jul 2015
Dealer - FX, Fixed Income & Derivatives Sales – Treasury
Apr 2010 – Mar 2014
AM / Management Trainee – Treasury Sales
Jan 2008 – Mar 2010
• Offer clients FX (Spot, Discounting & Forwards), Fixed Income & Derivatives products while ensuring adherence to regulatory and group risk parameters
• Conduct joint client calls with Corporate RMs and review client books, identify exposures, assess requirements and propose hedging & investment solutions while ensuring conformance to established standards & market best practices
• Monitor and evaluate business performance on a continual basis (pipeline management) through Sales MIS.
• Efficiently increased average spreads for assigned portfolios by 60% (2009), 73% (2010), 119% (2011), 125% (2012), 4% (2013 – Revenue growth was 24%) & 21% (2014) resulting in over achievement of targets
• Effectively streamlined and implemented changes in the dealing system by championing the project for introduction of OPICS in HBL for Treasury Sales desk
• Part of the team that setup the Lahore & Islamabad Treasury for HBL in 2014 & 2015 respectively.