About Khurshid Ahmed:
More than 25 years of diversified Foreign and local experience seeking opportunity as a Supervising, Managing & Executing roles and Special Assignments, Tasks / Activities & various Process / Systems Improvement activities within the Organization in the fields of Plant Engineering, Quality / Reliability Engineering, Production / Manufacturing Engineering, Process / Systems Improvement and /or Projects & Tech. Audits. My emphasis is in Electrical Power System, Instrumentation, Control Systems/Automation, Corrosion Control, Projects supervision and commissioning maintenance of Petro Chemical /Oil Refinery /Power Plants( Simple Cycle, Combine Cycle wind Turbine, Solar System/Cement Plants.
Company: Najmat Dar Al Zain Contracting & Trading Est.
Duration: Jan 2023 till date
Position: Project Manager- Contracts
• Execute end-to-end processes, including data collection, documentation, negotiation, contract award, contract management, and supplier relationship.
• Lead the procurement of defined projects or packages.
• Lead the competitive procurement process including market engagement, supplier shortlisting, tender document development, tender management, evaluation, and negotiation.
• Act as the main point of contact for suppliers and the client’s internal stakeholders related to construction procurement for the programme.
• Overall responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and managing suppliers to ensure the achievement of budget, schedule, and overall programme objectives.
• Prepare and keep an up-to-date procurement plan in coordination with the construction team and according to the construction schedule.
• Validate and approve contractor purchases to ensure compliance with the client’s governance processes and to guarantee the client’s best interests are protected.
• Lead procurement of the major packages with the support from the client’s Category Management team.
Company: Popular Cement Industries (Pvt) Ltd
Duration: Feb 2022 – Nov 2022
Position: Deputy General Manager-DGM (E & I)
Worked as head of the department and manage the day to day working related to Electrical, instrumentation and control system of the Cement and Power Plant
• Feasibility, Equipment Selection & Planning to improve the plant operation.
• Inventory management for smooth operation of plant.
• Commissioning of 132KV grid station
• Maintenance of HV/MV and LV substations, MV / LV motors and Power plant
• Maintenance of plant instrumentation and modification in PLC logics for smooth operation via DCS
• Improved plant efficiency by installing MV/LV VFD’s and phase advancers on mill motors
• Optimization of cement plant load to reduce production cost
• Preparation of feasibility for cement plant WHR system.
• Preparation feasibility of 8 MW solar system.
• Parallel operation of Wartsila 16sw28(3.8MW) engine with Grid
Company: Orient Energy Systems (Pvt) Ltd
Duration: October 2011 – January 2022
Position: Deputy General Manager-DGM (Electrical)
Worked on Power Projects as an EPC contractor on behalf of OES (2012 to 2022) involving Diesel, HFO, DFO and WHRSG projects in Pakistan, UAE and Iraq. The projects are designed to produce Electrical Generation from engines and exhaust of engines and cement plants. These
projects involve large engines, boilers, and steam turbines with all the regular auxiliaries like cooling towers and water treatment plants.
• Feasibility, Equipment Selection & Planning.
• Proposal & Contract Preparation.
• Equipment & Material ordering.
• Basic & Detail designing
• Scheduling & organizing.
• Supervision of Construction & Installation
• Supervision of Commissioning & Testing
Also Worked as Consultant on 50 MW Wind Turbine and 50 MW Solar power Project
(2011 to 2012):
O&M (IPP): 232 MW IPP Rental Power Project (KARKAY). This project includes 29 nos Heavy Fuel Oil Gen-sets installed on one Ship and one barge along with one storage ship. This is world largest ship based power plant. These ships were anchored in Korangi creek Karachi and connected with KESC grid system. The experience on this project is very unique and very challenging as the equipment installed is old and had been gathered from different areas of the world. The ship was also converted from a bulk cargo to power ship whereas the power barge was built in Singapore. The DG-sets are mostly Sulzer (10.5 MW each) type constituting to 26 nos whereas 03 Gensets are from MAN (14.5 MW each) and are new.
• To maintain 93 % availability.
• Gm/Kwhr to remain less than 230.
• Organogram, WBS & OBS preparation.
• Finalization of Site facilities for the project and the team.
• Preparation of requirement for tendering and awarding of subcontracts.
• Coordination, implementation of contractual bindings with client and subcontractors.
• Preparation and implementation of preventive maintenance plan
• Preparation and implementation of schedule maintenance plan
• Preparation of one week, 3 week and 3 months look ahead plans.
• Stores and spares management.
• Supervision of client material, both receiving and issuance to supervisors.
Company: Power Tech Engineering (Pvt) Ltd., Pakistan
Duration: Jun 2008 - Oct 2011
Position: Sr. Manager Technical
• Supervised the installation and commissioning of electrical and instrumentation work of
1500 ton formaldehyde ,resin and molding compound plant for M/s. Pakitex board
• Supervised the calculation of heat load, sizing of chiller equipment and installation and commissioning off 200 ton chiller unit and HRSG system for M/s. Pakitex board Karachi Pakistan
• Supervised the installation and commissioning of electrical generators up to 1MW (Gas / Diesel) including synchronization and load sharing for M/s. Friendship textile Karachi.
• Supervised the installation and commissioning of Automation system including synchronization, load sharing, generator protection relays, and SCADA system of
232MW Ship/ Barge mounted rental power plant of M/s. KARKAY• Preparation of tender documents for participation in tender for WAPDA and
KESC for retrofitting of control system and maintenance of Steam / gas turbines.
Company: Pak Arab Refinery Ltd., Pakistan
Duration: Jun 1999 - Feb 2008
Position: Engineer -I (Electrical)
• Commissioing of 220 KV grid and MV / LV substation and different section of Pakistan Largest Oil Refinery
• Supervise the power generation and Cathodic protection system of WHITE OIL Pipeline Project (KARACHI To MULTAN).and look after the cross country pipeline from KemariI to Machike near Sheikhupura and power generation station along the ROW of pipeline, also actively involved in the commissioning of Pakistan largest refinery at Multan.
• Compile schedule to perform relevant surveys to identify the need to protect pipeline from external corrosion obtains approval from supervisor.
• Monitor adherence to the preventive maintenance schedule for all power generating
equipment installed at various designated locations.
• Receive periodical Cathodic Protection, coating and wrapping reports and analyze need/extend of maintenance work.
• Coordinates with approve contractors for carrying out project / maintenance work.
• Analyze the CP reports and recommend the need of installing new CP station at a specific site and forward it to supervisor for review.
• Receive requisition and compile list of equipment/spare part materials that are to be
imported and the ones to be procured locally for installing the Cathodic Protection and coating and wrapping materials and also determine on a regular basis the requirement of material required to keep the corrosion control system operational.
• Ensure that the state of physical safety standards maintained at the CP stations, Power houses, and microwave towers and prepare recommendation to strengthen the safety and
• Arrange to train the staff handling equipment/instruments of the Cathodic Protection, coating/wrapping materials and generators.
• Form team for identification and maintenance of generator’s, critical CP equipment at
CP/MW stations to ensure monitoring of corrosion in pipeline.
• Keep abreast of emerging new technologies in the field of coating/wrapping and Cathodic Protection, carry out analysis of relevant factors likely to affect function of the department like computerized monitoring system etc., and recommend steps to upgrade corrosion monitoring system.
• Assist supervisor in the process of pre-tender cost estimation in connection with preparation of tender documents, subsequently perform work relating to receiving and
evaluation of tenders and award of work to contractors.
• Prepare maintenance manuals describing preventive maintenance programs for electrical and CP equipment installed at different locations.
Company: Pak land Cement (Pvt) Ltd., Pakistan
Duration: Oct 1994 - May 1999
Position: Project Engineer (Electrical)
• Installati0n and commissioning of 132 KV grid station
• Installation and commissioning of MV/LV Sub-stations.
• Installation commissioning and maintenance of cement plant electrical and Instrument system
• Trouble shooting of electrical and instrumental faults.
• Testing and commissioning of PID controller, Differential Pressure transmitters, Pressure
transmitter, and different type of Transducers.
• Modification in PLC software as per process requirement. • Review document for selection of
• Supervision of Electrical and Instrumentation work for installation and commissioning of
3500 ton / day electrostatic precipitator (Simatic 115U PLC based).
• Coordinate with different departments to ensure the timely completion of all the
maintenance jobs in the most safe & effective manner.
• Ensure updating and availability of the Maintenance record / documents / drawings /
equipment data sheets.
• Review inventories of spares and consumables regularly and advise warehouse on
addition of new items and deletion of redundant items.
Master of Science (Electrical Power System 2005)
N.E.D. University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical 1994)
NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION:
• Allen Bradley PLC5 series and Control View Run Time software course organized by
Innovative Engineering and Technology (Inet) Lahore, Pakistan.
• Allen Bradley SLC 500 and panel view 550 training. (Inet) Lahore, Pakistan
• Pipeline Integrity, Hot Tapping & Plugging Welding of Fitting On In Service Pipeline (T.D WILLIAMSON S.A)
• Corrosion and Corrosion Protection from NED Engineering University Karachi
Following software were used extensively having full command for best utilization in project management.
• MS Office
• MS Project
Professionals who compete with Khurshid
Professionals in the same Engineering / Architecture sector as Khurshid Ahmed
Professionals from different sectors near Karachi, سندھ
Other users who are called Khurshid
Jobs near Karachi, سندھ
216 Petroleum Contract Platoon Army Service Karachi, Pakistan Full time
Latest Driver Jobs in Karachi March 2023 has been announce through Latest advertisement 216 Petroleum Contract Platoon Army Service Corps Kemari Karachi invites applications from aspirants for the fol ...
School Educations and Literacy Department Karachi, Pakistan Full time
Latest 750 Posts of Arts Teacher in School Educations and Literacy Department Sindh March 2023 have been announced for the below vacant posts through an advertisement and seeking for the interested ap ...
Civil Aviation Authority Karachi, Pakistan Full time
Latest Jobs in CAA Karachi September 2022 has been announced for the positions in the department through advertisement. Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority requires services of qualified individuals to ...